A big Action Launcher update is rolling out today, and it’s adding something many of you have been clamoring for in recent weeks: Google Feed integration (previously known as Google Now). Nova Launcher added this feature a few weeks ago, and now Action Launcher taking a similar approach. You’ll need to sideload a plugin, but no root is required. That’s not all that’s in this update, either. You like Android O stuff? Action Launcher has it.
Here’s the full changelog for Action Launcher v26.
- NEW: Google Now integration for all! Requires installation of the Action Launcher Google Plugin application.
- NEW: Full Notification Dots support!
- NEW: Long-pressing an shortcut will display a preview of app’s notifications and allow notifications to be dismissed ala Android O. Available when using either Notification Dots or Unread Count.
- NEW: Unread Count support extended to all apps that have a current notification.
- NEW: Android O style App Shortcuts panel.
- NEW: Allow granular control as to which apps display Notification Dots/Unread Count.
- NEW: Android O style widget picker, which displays all relevant widgets for a given shortcut.
- NEW: Directly engage Action Launcher’s Quickedit panel via a shortcut’s long-press popup UI.
- NEW: Dedicated “Icons & App Shortcuts” settings page, which is home to all icon related settings.
- NEW: When Google Pill widget is on the left screen edge and Google Now integration is enabled, display a tinted edge background as per Pixel Launcher.
- NEW: Option to adjust the scale of icon indicators.
- NEW: Revamped interface for selecting the apps that are hidden from app drawers.
The plugin for…
click here to read more